Sunday 29 January 2012

29.1.2012 • the fraction of a nod

As a counter-reply to the rather gracious comment, whereof the malfunctioning javascript, disallowing my nod, enabled this somewhat longer and more creative reply. (Thank you.)

the fraction of a nod
dedicated most wholeheartedly to that sympathetic fellow

sometimes I can only manage the fraction of a nod

it’s not much, but hard as it may be try to fathom
my forehead’s forming wrinkles through that almost
spastically minute movement
are digging through the arachnid acres of folded time
into my hidden truths and lies
and stop so short of the expressive gesture of the head only
because the shovel has with muffled glintching
hit something soft
like when an eerily discreet scalpel touches with its frosty bite

a nerve
and all the world convulses with the pang of concentrated agony
such focused anguish is the decideful stopper of my affirm
so when I can only manage the mere beginning of a nod
you will excuse me (or perhaps
if you are such a sympathetic fellow
feel but a candlelight’s weight for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment