Saturday 28 January 2012

26.1.2012 • a friend said, said a friend

a friend said, said a friend

a friend said
O that I could lie me down
and die
a painless, choiceless death
and all the burdains of my life
would fly into eternity
and leave me all behind
how I would cherish that wide calm
(that vast eternity of silence
that concave convex lens
which light bends around
and avoids)
and be still
if I weren't so afraid
of pain or surrender
I might give it a second thought
(oh the savage width and breadth of
ceaseless senseless pointless
oh the whole wide world
at our feet and our heads
misquoting nameless friends to taste
their wandering scares
mildly disgusted
slightly angry
thoroughly disappointed
pathetically inclined
to do no thing
but stare at the advent
of the next sorrow)
said a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment