Thursday 26 January 2012

26.1.2012 • slothfull, allone

slothfull, allone

sloth

full
fingers
that will
shy away
from blemishing
these black-white keys
with meaning
what stays you?
slothfull
hands
that guard your affections
from time’s corrosive
from time’s smooth disease
who warns you
against truth?
slothfull arms
whose firm embrace
is barred against
the stormy winds
of Eden's paradise
whose sturdy cage
is locked empty
of containment
which element of fear
and lothing
holds you back
from sweet sin?

if it isn’t circumstance
my favourite mistress
who robs me of all opportunity
for one is the other
the other is the one
all one
I'm all but one
by choice of circumstance
by blunt razor-stroke
that shaves the skin with the beard
by blind
I am allone
tricked all my self in
to thinking
“circumstance”
and going
back
to
bed

No comments:

Post a Comment